Friday, October 10, 2008

Four

Ok, dilemma time!!

I have two options now:  work on ships, or teach English....  I know one sounds better than the other.. that's what I think too.  But when I made the inevitable list of pros and cons, teaching English beat working on ships by a landslide.

Not only will I be making more money and be close to my family, friends, and boyfriend, but I'll also be entering a field that I originally thought I would be entering when I graduated from college.  With this experience, I can go back to school, get my master's and teach at the university level, and eventually make my way into museum work.  Plus, I'll get weekends, holidays, and summers off!!

So with all of those pros, it's hard to not consider it.  Of course, everyone thinks I should take on this new opportunity.  I think so too... it's just hard because it'll mean that I'll officially have to "grow up." LOL  I was hoping to work on ships for a year, pay my bills and save up my money.. of course once that's done, I'll have to find a new job anyway.... I guess I can't live at home forever, right?  

And, as a good friend of mine told me, "You can either chose to grow up now, or a year from now.  But you'll have to grow up sooner or later."

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment