Thursday, September 18, 2008

The adventure begins... again!

Most people's decision to work on a cruise ship comes from having been on a cruise as a vacation. I, however, had never stepped foot on a boat--let alone a cruise ship! I have a passion for art, travel,
independence, and seeing the world.... and that's what made me want to work on a cruise ship!

Last September, I had my first taste of this independence and travel. I was working for Park West Gallery, which offered me the opportunity to work in the art field (which I love), and on a
cruise ship. After working a commission based job for 5 months, I decided I would much rather have a position with a regular paycheck, than feed my craving for travel. My bills were starving more than I was....

So, reluctantly, I went back home to work in the travel/hospitality industry for 6 months. After hundreds of applications and waiting, my patience and faith has paid off. I'm now getting ready to board the Constellation with Celebrity Cruises as an Event Manager.

And so, the adventure begins... again!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment